Monday, May 31, 2010

Military Week : Predator Drones


"Predator Drones"


31 May Monday - Arh , good old drones.

Since the holidays are coming and I predicted that this week would be a boring one except for Friday and maybe Saturday.Friday , theres teacher's day , a surprise function and I am being invited as a partner in crime with my friend to a gathering party of his.He told me that he is going to introduce me every single one of his friends in that gathering.I like meeting new people , helps building my social circle.That surprise function shall remain being a confidential case period , no one shall know what it is until that faithful day arrives.

Predator Drones

Note , I am not an expert in this , I am just introducing you this high tech marvel.Predator Drones are Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) made by General Atomics , some kind of private company in the United States.They are mainly used in reconnaissance missions and forward observe role.Meaningly , they are adept in scouting and locating enemies in a specific locations.It sometimes kills the enemies when they are found with AGM-144 Hellfire Missiles.Its a powerful ordanance , don't underestimate it.

Each units of Predator Drones cost about 4.5 million dollars.So , losing one of these babies is a mind blowing case for you and me.Being an unmanned vehicle , there is nobody inside one of these.But there are operators in air bases operating it's system from a safe distance.They gotta be extra careful not to let Anti-Aircraft systems to spot them , it would be bye bye after it got caught on radar.The aircraft is equipped with the AN/AAS-52 Multi-spectral Targeting System, a color nose camera (generally used by the pilot for flight control), a variable aperture day-TV camera, and a variable aperture infrared camera (for low light/night).I copied the last sentence from wikipedia.In English , this means that the predator drone has a special camera that lets you see in almost any condition.But it certainly does not suit Youtube.

Each predator drones has a laser guidance system.It helps the predator drones to target their victims by laser guiding and targeting.The predator drones could also use it to help identify targets for other aircrafts.During the Iraq War , Iraq soldiers would use rockets to blast US's military bases in the field.Note : I am not siding with the US or Iraq , I am just stating facts.Predator Drones were used widely to locate these rocket launch units in Iraq in order to prevent more rocket blastings.These rockets may contain chemical and biological warheads or worst.

The predator drones now are used by forces of Italy , Turkey , United Kingdom and USA.I hope Malaysia could have a chance to use one of these.I doubt we got the funds and trainings to do so lol.Predator Drones are truly death in the sky.

Heres a few videos regarding to predator drones.





Click this link to learn more ~

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_drones

Ops my pencil is broken , Boom Zabeh

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment